Sunday, November 13, 2011

DeNami Designs November Blog Hop

DeNami November Blog Hop


Good morning everyone!  I am excited to be joining in this month's blog hop.  The challenge this month is to make anything but a card.  If you came here from Kristy's Blog then you're in the right place.  If you got lost along the way you can get a full list of participants at The DeNami blog.  A little while ago my friend gave me a few of these paper bags and said she was curious to see how I would use them.  I had intended to use them on a card but when the theme for this blog hop came up I thought they would work perfectly for a gift card holder.  My son has a male teacher this year so I can't give him my standard gift of handmade cards.  I think a gift card will work well instead (I just hope this holder isn't too girlie)!  I will probably attach it to a plate of cookies for a little extra holiday cheer!  I pulled out my Ornamental Vine and Water Lily stamps to spruce up the bag.  When I was looking at the Water Lily stamp I was wondering if I could make it a poinsettia.  I pulled out my Stamp-a-majig and went to work...



And this is how it turned out.  I embossed the Ornamental Vine on the bag and on four of the poinsettia leaves to give it a little bit of shimmer.     

This is how I did it.  I stamped them back to back.

Then I cut out two masks to cover the first two images.

This is how it looks after stamping to complete the circle.

I cut out the center petal twice...

And glued it to the stamped image.  


 If you want to emboss the petals you need to cut out four to glue to the main image.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  I love being able to find a way to use a stamp in multiple ways.  More bang for your buck!


Thanks for stopping by! Now you are off to Karen's blog.  Happy hopping!

43 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous! I love the embossing,and that flower is to DIE FOR! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly stunning Lindsay! WOW. Now that's some fancy stamp-a-ma-jig work. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love love!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.M.G! I love the poinsetta you created-LOVE it!! Such a beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial! That is one fantastic bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work on your poinsettia...clever girl! This is a great project, I'm sure you son's teacher will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project! I m in love with these little Kraft bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is amazing...love the flower...love the embossing..
    thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Love this idea! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. I love your creativity. I would have never dreamed of making the poinsettia from the Water Lily stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP...oh my heck...what a beautiful lil' gift bag! The poinsettia is just beautiful, and how creative and clever you are to do that with the water lily stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY GOSH, Lindsey!!! I LOVE how you turned the water lily into a poinsettia!!! PURE GENIUS!! And thanks for sharing the step-by-step photos on that too!!! Can't wait to try it!! This gift card holder is STUNNING!! LOVE the embossing and of course that GORGEOUS poinsettia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea and thanks for the tutorial as well, great way to think outside the box! I would think that any male teacher would love to receive this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this little giftcard holder. Looks amazing with the embossing and the clever way to use the stamp to create a different image? Brilliant :)

    Marilize
    {marilize.paulsen@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Lindsey!!! I just LOVE what you did with that Water Lily stamp! What a pretty pretty large flower it makes!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and thanks for the tut.,thanks for sharing your idea

    ReplyDelete
  17. The entire bag is gorgeous, but I can't get over how stunning the flower is! THANK YOU soooo much for the step-by-step instructions! I can't wait to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a creative way to use the water lilly stamp! Love the idea of using the bag as a gift card holder too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an incredible way to dress up a little brown bag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH I love this an THANKS for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful use of masking!! I don't think I'd ever think of using the stamp that way, kudos!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a Happy ThankXgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. HOLY COW GIRL....brilliant use of the lilly! And you bag is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had forgotten the technique of masking! And it's super on this giftcard bag you've made. Deeelightful, I must say. Bravo, girl. Lucky teacher to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great tutorial thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful embossing, fun colors and one spectacular flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty. I love the colors. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! Brilliant way to use the Water Lily stamp! Great work and thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely B-E-A-U-TEEFUL!
    Liz
    bckctrygrl (at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. The gold embossing here is gorgeous! Thanks for the pics on how to create the poinsettia, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!!! Very creative (and impressive) use of the water lily stamp! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I absolutely LOVE the flower you created. Such beautiful colors too. Brilliant work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your whole design! But making the flower, what an inspiration!!! Now I have to get out my stamp and try this! Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Need to CASE this one if I had a DENAMI stamp! Lovely project!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those techniques make an ordinary bag look FABULOUS! The flower you made is stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You really dressed up the plain paper bag. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! How creative. Never would have thought to use the stamp that way.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love how you created the poinsetta, and decorated the plain bag! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Seriously . . . WOW! Stunning work. A simple little bag is turned into a delicate work of art. It is absolutely gorgeous, from the embossing to the beautiful way your manipulated that stamp. Kudos!
    dbonczek@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love it! Great idea to turn it into a poinsettia. I'm gonna have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is so FANTASTIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is beyond amazing, Lindsey! That poinsettia you created is stunning...utterly stunning. I am loving the gold embossed vines in the background too. Way to go on creating this BEAUTIFUL gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete