Friday, October 7, 2011

Operations Julie's Smile





Welcome all of you hoppers!  Thank you for joining in on the fun to help the sweet Julie Ranae!  You should have arrived from Alison Spellman's fabulous blog.  If you got lost along the way (which is easy to do, this is a BIG blog hop!) head back to Sweet Stamp Shop's Blog.  What is Operation Julie's Smile you ask.  Well here is all of the info you need to help out Julie AND be eligible to win some awesome prizes.


The creative blogging community is coming together this weekend to help one of our friends, Julie Ranae.  You may know her as the Design Team Coordinator for many wonderful companies from bakers twine, die cuts, rubber stamps and more.  What many people don’t know about Julie Ranae is that she has had some pretty major dental surgeries in her lifetime due to medication she had to take as a child.  It was in her plans to think about having all of her teeth  replaced at some point in the next 5 years, a decision that was pretty easy to plan out.  But then it happened…she chipped her front teeth on a weekend a month ago. The dentist told her there was no way to save them & that it was his recommendation that she give in and have them all her teeth removed soon, but for that day, they needed to get her front teeth done so her gums could begin to heal. He said he would 'work out payments with her to have ALL this work done...but when she called to make her appt for the first step of impressions, they told her the amount of money that was needed and that the 'payments' applied only to the two teeth that were extracted that day. Her husband Paul was with her & that too, was his understanding as well. So this is how she has found herself in this situation…Needing at least $4000 to get started and another $3000 to finish the process…a total of $7000.

Nicole Rixon, owner of Sweet Stamp Shop put together this benefit after finding out about this situation and before Julie Ranae knew it, it took flight!  Because she is an event organizer by trade, she has taken on the job of organizing all of the blogs in this hop as her way of ‘working overtime’ for what she needs, the same as if she were able to work overtime at an outside job to pay for the work to be done.  It is the goal of all of these generous friends & sponsors to help make this situation more do-able for our friend so that she can share a brand new smile with all of us soon.  If there is anything you can do to help with a financial donation, there is a donation button ready for you to click on my sidebar.  Any amount is appreciated and ALL DONATIONS will be eligible for prizes from our sponsor pool of over $2500. Holy Cow that is a lot of prizes to give away!


*Prizes will be drawn for the following*
1. For blog comments left
    2. From Paypal donation list
3. For blog hop hosts 

We have a lot of blogs in this hop but don't worry you have all weekend to make comments!  The hop will last from Friday Oct. 7th 8:00am EST until Sunday Oct. 9th 11:59pm EST.       

I can't imagine what it must be like to not have your front teeth!  When I first heard this story I knew I wanted to help.  Julie has always been very supportive of me and offered words of encouragement when I was frustrated.  If anyone deserves our help it is her.  Okay, enough with all of my talking(writing).  I figured since the Sweet Stamp Shop was sponsoring this hop that I would use some of their fantastic stamps!  When I saw this stamp set I knew I HAD to have it!  So many possibilities!  I wanted to make the smaller gnomes peeking out from behind the bigger gnome so I did a little masking.  I paper pieced all of the clothes on the gnomes and the mushrooms.  I cut out the frame with my Silhouette.  The girl's dress is patterned paper from Echo Park and the rest is from My Mind's Eye.  I then used the cute border stamp to frame the sentiment and to finish it off.



Her is a closer look.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope all of you are having fun seeing these great projects and any donation you can give to help Julie would be greatly appreciated!  Now head on over to Elizabeth Tonkins-Agea's blog!  Happy hopping!

90 comments:

  1. I used the Gnomies in my card too! this one is so cute and cheery, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how those little guys are peeking out from behind the center gnome. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper piecing :) so cute!! I "heart" Julie.. and donated! off to the next blog on the hop :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So CUTE! I love the way they're peeking from behind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so stinkin cute. The colors just make them pop!!! Linda Harris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep seeing these cute little gnome cards! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ha! Gnomes always make me laugh and smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These gnomes look like they are wearing ice cream cone hats!!! Yummm! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore that heart border!!! Thanks for sharing and supporting Julie this way!

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute gnomies. Wonderfully colored. Thanks for caring about people in need, too.
    Jean Cross

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute love the Gnomes. I am a new follower.

    mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love these Gnomes... Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I do love these gnomies, I hadn't seen them before this hop! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this card made me laugh out loud. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how cute! I love the little gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute card, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO cute!!! My little gnomies are looking good on your card! You must share this card in our flickr account! I know our sweet girls would *love* to peek at it! Thank you so much for participating and helping! Big Hugs, N. Rixon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, love the paper piecing, what a wonderful hop

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! I love how the gnomes are peeking out behind the big guy. (And hi to a fellow -ey Lindsey!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable,love the sweet toadstools!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute card! I love the gnomes!

    Tracy
    owlbecraftin at gmail dot com
    owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the gnomes and the frame you cut out! Too cute!

    Holly

    hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card with the paper piecing and the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh! So cute! I love the gnomes peeking out! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what detail on your cards so cute those gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lindsey what fabulous paper piecing and masking - those gnomes look gorgeous! Fiona (madebyfee)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card made ME smile, too cute the way they are colored and arranged!

    ReplyDelete
  28. now how cute is this?! love your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a darling card! The gnomes are too CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is SOOOO stinkin' adorable!!! LOVE it!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh those little gnomes are precious as all get out! love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Who can resist a handsome little Gnome?

    dawnweck@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. LOL! I just LOVE gnome stamps! What a perfect card for a friend. :D Thanks for the inspiration!

    Janet
    moosisk@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. those gnomes are too cute. love the card coloring. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hee hee! Those gnomies are SO CUTE! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the paper piecing. Julie really is one of the gnomies, isn't she? :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh how I love those kiddo gnomies peeking out. Great masking and paper piecing. The mushrooms are the perfect anchor, too.
    ~ky
    scrapacat at yahoo dot com
    http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for being apart of such a great hop and cause! Love the gnomes!
    sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. What fun gnomes! Great card.
    indyowens at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very sweet of you to join this great operation....hope it is successful. I am doing my part by participating in the blog hop.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOVE IT!!!!!! HUGS AND PRAYERS HER WAY!!!!!!!!

    wyme98@yaho..com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooooh! The paper piecing works so well with these stamps and your layout... great card!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Super cute! Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Cute! I notice they have no teeth either....Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love those gnomes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  46. your little gnomes with surely cause a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the mushrooms and the super cute gnomes! What a cute card. Thank you for participating in this wonderful giving project. I am proud to be a part of such a great crafting community.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such an adorable little card, I love the little toadstools!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. your gnome card is terrific!!!! TFS
    It is truely inspiring to see so many people giving of themselves to help a friend! God bless!


    Have a scrap-happy day
    Lisa G
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/
    lkgra@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sweet card! Love the gnomes!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  51. this totally made me smile!!! so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a happy card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  53. these little guys are just so adorable, lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  54. This is just too cute, Lindsey! LOVE all those bright, happy, perfectly fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I just love these little Gnomies! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Oh my freaking goodness. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  57. You did an AMAZING job paper piecing this!! It looks great!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  58. OH MY GOOOODNESS--this is SO cute! I LOVE how the gnomes are hiding behind the bigger gnome!! And I love your papers!! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Sweet card. Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Oh those gnomes are just adorable!! They could make anyone smile.

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a sweet card Lindsey. Those gnomes are so cute. They are popping up everyhere. Love the colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  62. awww.... super duper cute! love the gnomes that are peeking out from the back! fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh these are just the cutest paper-pieced gnomies!!

    ReplyDelete