Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grunge Birthday Card

My oldest kiddo turned 10 today!  I can't believe how time flies!  Since he is not into the "cutsie" cards anymore I decided to use the Grunge Me and Rock On stamp sets from Papertrey Ink.  These sets are so fun to use and I can imagine tons of possibilities for cards!  This is another card I dreamed about, I know crazy, but it turned out pretty much how I imagined it!

On the red cardstock I stamped the splattered paint in Versamark and used white chalk ink on the background.

I stamped some music notes on the inside of the card to add a little flair.

I thought that I would fussy cut the guitar and pop it up over the stamped version on the card.  When I stamped on the textured cardstock the ink didn't go into all of the crevices and I chose to go with that because I thought it looked more distressed.  I love happy accidents!

Lately I have been doing a lot of CAS cards so this was a bit of a departure from my norm but I had a lot of fun with it and I think I will be doing more of these in the future!

I would like to enter this card in these two challenges:



3 comments:

  1. lindsey: What a beautiful card. Glad you joined us for Challenge #50, Distressing, at Simply Create.

    P.S. CAS is my favorite style too. Being on the SCDT I have to go outside my comfort zone most challenges and it's a definite struggle for me! You did great!

    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/
    Simply Create Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! That distressed red paper looks awesome! Great card girl!

    ReplyDelete