Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teacher Thanks

This is my second post for today so don't forget to scroll down, thanks!

I have been wanting to do a thank you card for my son's teacher but I wasn't coming up with anything.  Enter The Play Date Cafe.  The challenge this week is to make a black and white card with a splash of green.  That made me think of a green apple.  I pulled out my Silhouette and die cut the apple, used some black Stickles on the seeds, then embossed with the D'vine Swirls from Provo Craft, and used a scoring board for the frame on the outside.  I think this card came together for me faster than any of the other ones!  I'm going to look forward to the next Color Splash Challenge at The Play Date Cafe!  Now I just have to figure out what gift to give her with the card!


7 comments:

  1. LOVE any cards with apples on, and this one is just FAB! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the gradient effect of the layers in your apple! Yummy! And that bit of polka dot DSP makes your sentiment stand out beautifullly! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Lindsey - love the clean layout of your design and great use of the colour splash:) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how cute! LOVE that green apple! It's perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that MOD apple. Wonderful green touch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love the bright bold design :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the heart inside the apple :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete